Monday, March 21, 2011

Beaver Puppet


My son recently lost some teeth and now looks like he has beaver teeth. So in honor of the occasion here is a beaver finger puppet pattern.

Beaver Finger Puppet
5 sc in a circle
Rnd 1: 2sc in each sc around (10)
Rnd 2: ch2, sl st in 2nd ch from hook, sc1 in front loop only, sc1, ch2, sl st in 2nd ch from hook, sc1 in front loop only, sc7
Rnd 3: sc around using back loops behind ears (10)
Rnd 4-5: sc around (10)
Sew on face. Teeth are four strings of yarn tied into a knot then tied to face with ends hidden inside of puppet.
Rnd 6: sc6, ch4, sl st 3 starting in 2nd ch from hook, sc1 in front loop only, sc1 in both loops, sc1 in front loop only, ch4, sl st 3 starting in 2nd ch from hook, sc 1
Rnd 7-9: sc around (using back loop left behind in Rnd 6 for Rnd 7) (10)
Rnd 10: (Using front loops only switch to brown but leave red yarn attached and uncut) sc4, ch 1, turn, sc 3, ch1, turn, sc 3, ch 1, turn, sc 3, turn, sc1, sl st last and cut brown thread and hide end.
Rnd 11: Use red yarn from start of Rnd 10 and loop it through the first back loop then sc3 (using back loops) ch4, turn and sl st 3, sc2, ch4, turn and sl st 3, sc2 and sl st last.


2 comments:

  1. I used an f hook. As for the yarn it was from my stash which I acquired as mostly used balls of yarn from yard sales and thrift shops. I have no idea what it was originally. I just liked the color. I wish I had the money to buy beautiful new yarn, though. The yarn aisle always makes my heart go pitter patter.

    ReplyDelete